BOMA International is a federation of 91 BOMA U.S. associations and 18 international affiliates, including BOMA Canada. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge.
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
Learn more about BOMA International’s 100-year history.
Who are BOMA’s Members
BOMA International’s members are building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties.
Hundreds of Canadians have joined BOMA International. You can join through your BOMA Local Association.
What Does BOMA International Do?
- Monitors and lobbies pertinent U.S. legislative, regulatory and codes/standards issues. Learn more about BOMA’s advocacy work.
- Publishes The BOMA Magazine, the official publication of BOMA International
- Produces a variety of leading industry publications, including:
- A comprehensive suite of building measurement standards, including Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA – Z65.1 2010
- The Experience Exchange Report® (EER®) – the industry benchmark for nearly 100 years, which contains income and expense data for office buildings across North America
- The industry’s first green lease guide
- Hosts the BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo every June; conducts seminars on topics including office marketing and leasing, asset management, technology, and security and emergency preparedness planning. BOMA International sponsors a Winter Business Meeting and hosts the National Issues Conference. The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards are the industry’s most prestigious and coveted awards in commercial real estate. The TOBY honors buildings based on community impact, tenant/employee relations programs, energy management systems, accessibility for disabled people, emergency evacuation procedures, building personnel training programs and overall quality indicators.
- Designates excellence in building management and operations through the BOMA 360 Performance Program, a ground-breaking program designed to validate and recognize commercial properties that demonstrate best practices in all major areas of building operations and management.
The BOMA 360 Performance Program® sets the standard worldwide for operational best practices in the commercial real estate industry. For building owners and managers who want to help their properties stand out from the crowd, there is no clearer mark of excellence than achieving the BOMA 360 designation.
Earning the prestigious BOMA 360 label demonstrates that a building is outperforming the competition across all areas of operations and management. It also translates into measurable savings and operational efficiencies, as well as higher levels of tenant satisfaction.