No one individual can find success without a network of support, no athlete wins the big prize without trainers, coaches, and friends. No business survives today without collaboration. Martin Luther King’s dream may have only been heard in passing and not in front of 1000’s at the Lincoln Memorial if not for a legion of ardent believers. No single event, whether it be it on the streets or in the boardroom has had any chance of success without support, without collaboration, without community.
And that’s the key, community – a group of like-minded individuals who come together to create change. And through the advent of social media never has the ability to find the resources, to find the support and to find the individuals to build community been more accessible. That is the strength of BOMA, where like-minded people share resources, insight, and experience to generate a well-spring of ideas that can lead to substantive change.
BOMA International is a federation of 91 BOMA U.S. associations and 18 international affiliates, including BOMA Canada. Founded in 1907, BOMA represents the owners and managers of all commercial property types. Its mission is to advance a vibrant commercial real estate industry through advocacy, influence and knowledge.
BOMA International is a primary source of information on building management and operations, development, leasing, building operating costs, energy consumption patterns, local and national building codes, legislation, occupancy statistics, technological developments and other industry trends.
Learn more about BOMA International’s 100-year history.
Who are BOMA’s Members
BOMA International’s members are building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties.
Hundreds of Canadians have joined BOMA International. You can join through your BOMA Local Association.
What Does BOMA International Do?
- Monitors and lobbies pertinent U.S. legislative, regulatory and codes/standards issues. Learn more about BOMA’s advocacy work.
- Publishes The BOMA Magazine, the official publication of BOMA International
- Produces a variety of leading industry publications, including:
- A comprehensive suite of building measurement standards, including Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement (ANSI/BOMA – Z65.1 2010
- The Experience Exchange Report® (EER®) – the industry benchmark for nearly 100 years, which contains income and expense data for office buildings across North America
- The industry’s first green lease guide
- Hosts the BOMA International Annual Conference & Expo every June; conducts seminars on topics including office marketing and leasing, asset management, technology, and security and emergency preparedness planning. BOMA International sponsors a Winter Business Meeting and hosts the National Issues Conference. The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) Awards are the industry’s most prestigious and coveted awards in commercial real estate. The TOBY honors buildings based on community impact, tenant/employee relations programs, energy management systems, accessibility for disabled people, emergency evacuation procedures, building personnel training programs and overall quality indicators.
- Designates excellence in building management and operations through the BOMA 360 Performance Program, a ground-breaking program designed to validate and recognize commercial properties that demonstrate best practices in all major areas of building operations and management.
Who are BOMA International’s affiliates ?
In addition to BOMA Canada, BOMA International has 17 international affiliates. They are: