BOMA BEST is integrated with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager!
Users of the BOMA BEST Online Portal are now able to benchmark energy and water using either the BOMA BEST Online Portal or the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ES) portal.
What is ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager?
ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager (ES) is the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s interactive energy management tool that is free to use and allows you to track and assess energy and water consumption across your entire portfolio of buildings in a secure online environment. It offers weather-normalized energy use intensity values and 1-100 energy performance scores for eligible building types.
ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and BOMA BEST
BOMA BEST uses the ES methodology for calculating energy and water performance. To do this, the BOMA BEST Online Portal has been synched with the ES portal. This means that data need only be entered in one of the two portals (BOMA BEST or ES) for performance results to be generated in the BOMA BEST Online Portal.
Applicants who wish to earn energy or water performance-related points have two options:
- Entering energy and water consumption data directly into the BOMA BEST Online Portal: The building manager will set the building’s profile to “push” data into the ES portal. Performance values will be automatically calculated in the ES portal and returned to the BOMA BEST Online Portal. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
- Entering energy and water consumption data directly into ES: If a building is already registered in ES and energy and water data are being entered directly into ES, they can select to “pull” the ES data into the BOMA BEST Online Portal. Data does not need to be re-entered into the BOMA BEST Online Portal. For instructions on how to do this, click here.
What performance metrics are rewarded in BOMA BEST?
- ENERGY STAR Score
- Water Use Intensity
Multi-Unit Residential Buildings and Health Care:
- Weather-normalized Site Energy Use Intensity
- Water Use Intensity
Enclosed Shopping Centre, Light Industrial, Open Air Retail and Universal:
- Weather-normalized Site Energy Use Intensity (for being able to generate the value)
- Water Use Intensity (for being able to generate the value)
For more information on this process, and for details on how to benchmark, download the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager FAQ from the Energy section of the website.